5.31.2012

.......and then there was light......and it was good

Here's the dilemma: Please excuse the real-ness of my photos. I show no shame in providing cell phone pics to show illustration in my day to day decorating. :)


I love this lamp. In fact, one of my best friends gave it to me(along with it's taller edition companion) awhile back. For the longest time, my husband has used it as his bedside table lamp and it takes up toooooooo muuuuuuuch spaaaaaace. The dude WILL NOT give up his table for a bigger, more substantial furniture piece(AKA a dresser for me to stuff his crap in :)) We also need a lamp that blends well with my lamp.

 We found a beautiful floor lamp at Ballard Designs below

Love the classic old library feel. It's from Ballard Designs and $99. We really wanted the antique bronze(the pic shows an oiled bronze) but were patiently waiting for something better cheaper to come along. Behold: Marshall's!!! I scored an almost identical lamp for $59.99!

 Before
 After
 I think it looks much better. I can't believe I'm posting photos of my unmade, DIY'ed headboard and bed, but I figured if I don't have a nice enough camera yet to make things look "pretty" I might as well show you the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

 Eventually, I want to get a mirrored commode(that's proper English for a dresser, people) for my side and I'm kind of getting over my dark, ding walls. Color is: Benjamin Moore {Revere Pewter}Wanting to lighten it up more. Any ideas would be appreciated :)

Now if only my husband loved change as much as I do.....


->Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet words and encouragement. They mean a lot to me! :)