3.05.2014

Shoot with Natalie Broach Photography Pt. 1

Natalie has been a good friend of mine for many years. In fact, after we met, we realized our growing up had intertwined with each other. Mutual friends, churches, and coincidences that make you wonder how we had never met before. That's Natalie! She has done our family photography since we had Robey and we love her style. She's willing to go with my crazy idea like we did last year.



Since Natalie is a professional photographer, she's always been too busy to create shoots that she comes up with. Her work is usually families, babies, weddings, etc.. So when she talked to me about doing a fun, quick shoot that was her idea, I was THERE, baby!
       Here is the first half of photos we shot.

Natalie was going for the etheral, sweet, and almost Ralph Lauren look.


The location was beautiful, and it was storming all that day so we were SO grateful the sun came out at the last minute.


I got a lot of good experience in for picture taking. I tried the serious 'Ralph Lauren Look'. It takes some serious talent to achieve that look so I hope I somewhat got it down!

Okay, let's talk about it! This pic is by far my Fave!!! It's like it should be hanging up in a surf shop or something, in my opinion

I couldn't decide which one I liked better, the color version or the black and white so I posted both. I have to be honest, not vain, and say my hair totally rocks here!! haha Natalie's photoshop skills are impeccable!

My sister made the flower crown using twine and fake blossoms from around her house.






I loved working with Natalie! She is always THE SWEETEST and knows what she's doing. The funny thing about these pictures is they came out looking so peaceful and sweet, but every take we would break to shake our whole bodies to get the gnats away. Oh my goodness, they were DREADFUL!! But I would totally do it everyday if I could. It was a blast
Natalie found the dress last minute at Forever 21 and it was very comfy. The bell sleeves, I think, made the whole look. A little too short for my every day living, but it totally worked for the shoot. I didn't find the exact one, but here's one that's pretty darn close.

Natalie's site, Natalie's Facebook page
Thanks for looking!

->Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet words and encouragement. They mean a lot to me! :)