12.18.2013

Step it up, Mommas



Ummmmm, Mom, what are you doing taking pictures without me?!?!


Here, Mom, hold these.

Glitter Top & Striped Top: Both from Marshall's a few years ago - Bottoms: Gap, last year, similar here - Necklace: Express - Earrings: Express

I could quite possibly cry!!! Soooo, I'm rewriting my post because blogger decided to completely erase EVERYTHING I just did. So here goes nothin', quite litrly. ;)

 I get a lot of questions from fellow mommas about how I manage to always look "so cute". In my opinion, I probably do spend more time and thought into getting ready, but I don't usually feel like I'm over doing it. I feel like I'm just giving my portion to society so I don't show up on peopleofwalmart.com.  Moms who have kids in school have a busy start to an early morning so I judge not on the ones who drop their kids off in their PJ's. However, I also believe that you should be OUT of your PJ's by the time you pick your kid up. It's the right thing to do. :) Soooooo, I'm gonna give three tips on how to UP your look for you SAHMs.

3 Tips for Stepping it Up a Bit:
  1. Don't air dry your hair. Blow it dry and style it, yes pick up an electric hair tool and USE IT!!! DON'T go to bed with your hair wet, and DO try styling your hair the way it's supposed to be. Your hair, polished or not, will make or break an entire look!
  2.  Skip the flip flops today!!! I understand it's Winter, but as a Floridian, flip flops are year round here so I have to make this point. Flip flops are for the beach, NOT for church or a shopping excursion.Although, there are sometimes exceptions, just trust me on this one. Change them out for a cute pair of closed toe flats from Marshall's. 
  3. Curl your lashes and whip some mascara, people!!!! This is a ten second process so you have no excuse. If you already wear mascara on the daily, good for you. Now go buy a $2 eyelash curler and va va voom. It'll make you look ten x's better! You, yes you, with the creepily short, unruly,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet words and encouragement. They mean a lot to me! :)