1.01.2014

Exploration




HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I hope y'all had a very merry Christmas spent with good family and/or friends. We decided to stay home for Christmas since Dewey hasn't had a break from work in forever. Normally,  we would be in Tampa visiting my dad's side of the fam or in palm coast visitng Dewey's side. It was the first time we didn't have anything planned for the day........and it felt totally weird being bored on Christmas Day. Haha I'm not complaining; I actually enjoyed it. I made my first turkey and I have to say it was AMAZING! I had to bake it since we didn't have a deep fryer, so I was a little worried it would be the typical dry turkey, ya know?! No! It was so juicy and flavorful. I owe it all to the initial brining. I let it soak in salt water for about an hour(it was only a 4 lb. turkey) and rubbed some lawrys on it and baked it. DELISH, I tell ya.
I'm sure you didn't click on my fashion blog(at least, that's what it is for now) to read about Christmas turkey so I'll continue with the post. For today's post, Aubrey and I went exploring in the woods while the boys sighted in the big guns(rifles, that is, not muscles.)
Hope you're having a great week so far!! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet words and encouragement. They mean a lot to me! :)