11.07.2013

Trousers and Blazer






I hope you don't mind my fuzzy pictures and my lounge chair making a special appearance in this episode of "Ashley pretending to be a legit blogger". I'm sure my two year old helps with the professional look ;)
 Instead of a silly post on where I got what, cause let's face it. I've had all of these pieces for years, I wanted to vent a little. It's hard trying to step out of your comfort zone and pursue a goal/dream/hobby/identity when you have a kids, you're far away, and you save more money than you spend. Don't get wrong! ALL of those things are truly, truly wonderful. I wouldn't trade my kids for all the J.Crew pieces in the world. I love living far away. It's peaceful and quiet unless Robey is rippin on his four wheeler or the neighbor is shooting targets. It's very secure to not live paycheck to paycheck, but there are times, especially when I see other people constantly shopping for new things, I do get a little jealous. "Why can't I be foolish with my money, too?" ;) Hey it's the truth. 
All too often, I get affected by what goes on around me. I see so many people succeeding in their goals and dreams and I'm over here like, "Hey, I can decorate, too!" I don't have a clue who consistently reads these blogs posts, but if you are reading, I really really appreciate it! I'm learning to be thankful with exactly where you are and it's for a reason that God has you in this place. Sometimes it's hard to try and be positive always, but I am thankful for my 5 year old son who takes my pictures, and my husband who is the hardest worker I know who supports us so I can be home with the kids and do silly posts like these every week. I'm thankful that we live far away on a dirt road, otherwise, I'd feel a little odd posing for an iPhone in a cookie cutter neighborhood with the neighbors watching me. And I'm thankful for my 2 year old daughter who always wants to join in my photo shoots and add a little sass. I love my life, my family, and the opportunities that I've been given, big and small, to strive each day to achieve my dream hobby.

->Ashley

3 comments:

  1. Just found you through Instagram, love your photos and blog! Beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear diamonds and burplap, I made my way over to your Instagram through Karla reed! I loved your pictures and outfits and how your kids are in the pictures, how you use some of the pieces over and over and make brand new outfits out if them ( much like many of us readers). Your post made me tear up. I never ever leave comments on blogs. I felt I should say we are reading. We appreciate that you are real and wear things from the clearance rack and that you love The Lord. I too have felt like you and wish I would have the hurts to spend hundreds of dollars on over priced clothes. But I think about clothing my whole family, saving for a rainy day, sharing with friends or others less fortunate. I think about how Heavenly Father wants women who are spiritually not vain. I think it's wonderful that you are following your dream. It makes me smile to know your so takes your pictures and that you post content regardless of who's reading. Keep up the great work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That comment means so much. Made me tear up, too. :)

      ->Ashley

      Delete

Thank you for your sweet words and encouragement. They mean a lot to me! :)