11.20.2013

Jennifer Aniston's staple pieces





Jeans: Billabong, sold out, similar here and here - Top: J. Crew Factory on sale for $15.50, but I bought it in store for $12.50. Just sayin..... - Blazer: Banana Republic via eBay Belt: no clue where it's from. It's been a staple in my closet for years.but I'm totally diggin' this one - Shoes: BCBGeneration via Marshall's - Necklace: Express, years ago(sorry)

I'm sure you're wondering if my shirt if black or navy. Well, to ease your mind and let you get back to your breakfast, I'll go ahead and say it's navy. I know, I know. What am I doing in a navy shirt with a black blazer? Well........whatever the heck I want!!! :) Just like brown, I believe navy goes great these days with black. But don't go blaming it on me if you wear it and it doesn't look good on you.
I know I probably say this a lot, but when you put on an outfit, you feel a certain way. You feel like a famous woman who's style you admire, you feel beautiful, you feel etheral, or you can feel like crap. Whatever you wear, it comes with a feeling; a statement, if you will. My statement for today's look is, "I've seen Jennifer Aniston in so many paparazzi pics of her in the airport in jeans and a blazer I'll look like a chic jet setter, too, if I wear it" look. :) I don't know if everyone feels this way, but anytime I put on a blazer, my look feels more complete. 
I so challenge you to add a classic blazer, black specifically, to your wardrobe. It's a great staple piece that you can have for years and years. Make sure to get only a one or two button blazer. No more, no less. More buttons can look too boxy and out date very quickly. 

Have a splendid day!!!

->Ashley

5 comments:

  1. I finally made my way over to your blog (don't know why that took me so long), and I'm so glad I did! You are the cutest. I love a classic look like this, and a blazer is just a great way to pull a look together in a polished way. Jen Aniston is a great style role model too! Love how she shows that simple can be chic.

    ~Jacy
    www.laviedelenore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE those jeans! so bummed they're sold out

    xo brie
    www.sophistifunkblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. J. Aniston sure can look effortlessly stylish! you look great here!
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet words and encouragement. They mean a lot to me! :)